Fast Track Dog Grooming
& Salon Management
The course explained
The iPET Network Fast Track Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming and Salon Management is designed to be flexible to meet the real-life needs and circumstances of its candidates and can be fitted in around your existing commitments, whether that be work, family or other commitments. It can also be remote or salon-based. It is aimed at candidates who wish to gain the skills and knowledge to prepare, style, and finish a range of dog breeds, understand health and safety in a dog grooming salon, understand business management, and gain skills in canine emergency first aid.
Leading industry experts have reviewed this qualification to ensure the outcome is appropriate for the dog grooming industry and the continued growth and development of the sector.
The qualification is an excellent balance of theoretical and practical learning to ensure that vocational skills lead the qualification with underpinned knowledge developed throughout. This means that there are no written exams, and the theory work can be completed within your training days at home, or a balance of both. You will receive support and guidance from your tutor to ensure that you have an understanding of what is involved. You will be prepared and ready for your practical assessments to ensure you understand and feel ready for them.
Because the training takes place within a dog grooming environment, there is the opportunity to spend additional days supporting and working alongside qualified groomers.
iPET Fast Track Level 3 Diploma
Dog Grooming & Salon Management
This is for experienced groomers who can complete theory work and a portfolio of grooms, either remotely or based at the training school. Canine first aid is also a requirement and can be completed at the training school.
iPet level 3 diploma.
The candidate must have prior attainment and experience and can demonstrate eligibility for this option. The candidate must hold Level 2 Dog Grooming qualification with 1 years styling experience, (or 1 year experience styling).
Price: £1999 (if attending the academy for 5 days)
The qualification can:
- Prepare individuals to progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or requiring more specific knowledge, skills, and understanding.
- Prepare candidates for employment.
- Support a role in the workplace.
- Encourage engagement in learning.
This qualification has been designed to enable candidates to:
- Access a holistic approach to training. No written exams.
- Work practically with dogs, whether this is in your work environment or our training academy.
- Gain canine emergency first aid skills.
- Understand business management and health and safety in a dog grooming environment, promote the welfare of dogs in conformance with relevant legislation, assess and plan dog grooming styles and the maintenance of equipment, health checking, handling, and canine behaviour, prepare, style, and finish a selection of dog breeds; customer care and managing complaints; canine emergency first aid, and plan the operation of a small business.
- Have effective communication skills for working with dogs and their owners and know how to manage complaints.
- Gain skills to prepare, style, and finish a range of dog breeds meeting the client’s requirements and breed standards.
The cost of the Fast Track is dependent on whether you are completing this remotely (on your own or at work premises) or a mix of remote and attending the academy for 5 days.
Hi my name is Helen Higgins, I started my training with Amanda in August 2022 at the age of 59!!
Amanda has been an amazing tutor always on hand to help wether it be with you course work or just to ask advice about some of the breeds I groom. She has given me the support and encouragement to do this for myself running Dapper Dogs for that Pawfect groom. I am so pleased I found Amanda I couldn’t have done it without her.
Fantastic course, I groomed a huge variety of dogs and the support from my tutor was amazing - she really does go above and beyond for her students