terms & conditions
Before starting one of our courses you will be required to sign a Student Contract Agreement which includes the T&C’s below.
A non refundable deposit of £250 is required to secure your agreed Training Days. This is to be made by Bank Transfer. The remaining amount is due 21 days before your start date. (if your start date is within 21 days full course payment is required)
iPET Level 3 Certificate and iPET Level 3 Diploma have a starter Grooming Kit included.
health and safety
Please advise of any disabilities or assistance you may require before you attend the course. Failure to do so exempts Dog-a-Holic Grooming Academy for any liability.
A Health and Safety Policy will be in place and you will be advised of this and expected to follow at all times.
- All requests for cancellations must be put in writing before your course date, once your course has started you cannot get a refund for unused dates. If you cancel within 21 days prior to the course starting only 50% of the course fees will be refunded.
- If you cannot attend on a pre-planned training day, then up to 2 non attended days will be rearranged at a convenient time for the tutor/grooming school, any further non attended days with be at a cost of £100 per day. It is important to attend on pre planned days due to the planning of the course content and pre arranged appointments for model dogs.
- Courses should be completed with a 12 month period.
Training Days and Hours are flexible and can be organised to suit your needs and the tutors. The standard day would be 7 hours, should you finish your groom early you may wish to use the time to study at Dog-a-Holic or from home as part of your Home Study hours. You will have a lunch break and we have a kettle, fridge, microwave and toaster for you to use. Tea and Coffee is provided.
You will be required to;
- Take before and after pictures of your grooms (not to be used on any social media or any other sharing platform due to security and GPDR).
- Courses over 15 days have a starter kit, this will be required on each of your Training Days, failing to bring this will impact on your day and ability to groom.
- Bring a note pad and pen/pencils.
- Wear casual clothing and comfortable footwear, that you don’t mind getting hairy and dirty. We do not accept any responsibility for lost or damaged clothing or personal possessions.
- To follow verbal and written instructions to maintain Health and Safety.
- If you haven’t had a Taster Day with Dog-a-Holic we advise you to visit prior to attending your course as we want to ensure you are completely happy with your course choice.
- Should you not be able to attend on a prebooked training day we would like to be advised by telephone, text or email as soon as possible.
If any item of equipment is damaged this needs to be reported immediately to the Grooming Tutor, if the equipment was misused or not reported you may be held liable for the repair or replacement.
Please advise your tutor if you do not want to appear on Dog-a-Holic Grooming Academy social media or our Website.
If you wish to bring a dog with you to use as your model dog then please advise your course tutor to arrange this.
Our Training School is a non smoking environment.
We would request that if you have any concerns during your course then please speak to our tutor initially or email if you prefer.
Equality and Diversity – Dog-a-Holic Grooming Academy will not discriminate against age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage civil partnership, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.