Dog Grooming &
Introduction to Styling
The course explained
iPET Network Level 3 Certificate in Dog Grooming and Introduction to Styling is designed to be flexible to meet the real-life needs and circumstances of its candidates, and can be fitted in around your existing commitments, whether that be work, family or other commitments. It is aimed at candidates who wish to gain the skills and knowledge to prepare, style, and finish a selection of dog breeds, understand health and safety in a dog grooming salon, and understand health checking, handling, and canine behaviour.
Leading industry experts have reviewed this qualification to ensure the outcome is appropriate for the dog grooming industry and the continued growth and development of the sector.
The qualification is an excellent balance of theoretical and practical learning to ensure that vocational skills lead the qualification with underpinned knowledge developed throughout. This means that there are no written exams and the theory work can be completed within your training days or at home, or a balance of both. You will receive support and guidance from your tutor to ensure that you have an understanding of what is involved. You will be prepared and ready for your practical assessments to ensure you understand and feel ready for them.
Because the training takes place within a dog grooming environment there is the opportunity to spend additional days supporting and working alongside qualified groomers.
You are also welcome to add on our Canine First Aid Day for £99.
iPET Level 3 Certificate
Dog Grooming & Introduction to Styling
This course is 15 days (174 hours) at our dog grooming academy, including a further 64 hours of guided home study.
iPet level 3 certificate.
The minimum age is 16 to take part in the course and have a basic understanding to work at level 3.
Price: £2799 – includes grooming starter kit
Depending on the needs of the individual candidate, the qualification can:
- Prepare individuals to progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level, for example, a Level 3 Diploma or requiring more specific knowledge, skills, and understanding.
- Prepare candidates for employment.
- Support a role in the workplace.
- Encourage engagement in learning.
This qualification has been designed to enable Candidates to:
- Access a holistic approach to training. No written exams.
- Work practically with dogs. You will have the opportunity to work with a large variety of breeds and coat types.
- Understand health and safety in a dog grooming environment, and promote the welfare of dogs in conformance with relevant legislation. Assess and plan dog grooming styles and the maintenance of equipment, health checking, handling, and canine behaviour, prepare, style, and finish a selection of dog breeds.
- Gain skills to prepare, style, and finish a selection of dog breeds meeting the client’s requirements.
Hi my name is Helen Higgins, I started my training with Amanda in August 2022 at the age of 59!!
Amanda has been an amazing tutor always on hand to help wether it be with you course work or just to ask advice about some of the breeds I groom. She has given me the support and encouragement to do this for myself running Dapper Dogs for that Pawfect groom. I am so pleased I found Amanda I couldn’t have done it without her.
Fantastic course, I groomed a huge variety of dogs and the support from my tutor was amazing - she really does go above and beyond for her students